Fox Kits in Spring Day Tour
There are few things as entertaining in the animal world than fox kits in spring. Totally rambunctious, curious and cute fox kits make for great photos. As an award winning wildlife photographer I will share my expertise and help you on your photography journey whatever your level of skill. From understanding fox behaviour and habitat to capturing sharp action photos and composing compelling images this trip is are designed to improve your photography skills and have you leaving with great photos and memories.
Dens are highly active in the month of May. The kits are growing more inquisitive and are venturing several feet from their homes. Early in the spring I will be scouting for different dens in the Lac La Biche region. I will be trying to locate dens that have great lightning and allow for beautiful shots. Please note if I do not locate a good den for photos in mid spring prior to the tour dates I will cancel the tour and provide a full refund.
2024 Tour Dates
May 18 - booked
May 19 - booked
May 20 - available
May 25 - booked
May 26 - booked
Costs $650. An additional maximum of two participants can be added to a day tour for $200 per additional participant. Additional participants will be billed separately and payment for additional participants is due within 14 days of the tour.
$650 - One participant
$850 - Two participants
$1050 - Three participants
What is covered in the cost?
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodations for tour
- In-field photography tips and teaching
- Light snacks and a limited selection of refreshments
What is not covered in the cost?
- Transportation to and from Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
What level of physical activity is required?
- You may need to be able to carry your own camera gear for up to 500 meters.
What will the weather be like?
- Usually at this time of the year it can be cool in the morning and quite warm later in the day. Weather however is unpredictable in Alberta and it can range from snowing to sunny, Temperatures tend to be around 10 to 15C in the morning and around 20 to 25C later in the day.
- It can be rainy and wet or may be quite sunny in May,
- An updated forecast closer to the actual date of the tour.
What should you bring?
- Dress in layers and have sturdy footwear, however there will always be access to the tour vehicle to warm up.
- Plenty of batteries
- A lens that has reach to at least 400mm
- I would not recommend a tripod as the fox kits move around quite a lot and where possible we will use the vehicle as a blind to not habituate the kits
Itinerary (subject to change)
6:00 am - pick up at accommodations
6:30 - 6:45 am - arrive at location
6:45 - 9:30 am - photograph kits and other wildlife if kits are not active
9:30 - 10:00 am - return to accommodations
4:30 pm - pick up at accommodations
5:00 - 5:15 pm - arrive at location
5:15 - 8:00 pm - photograph kits and other wildlife if kits are not active
8:00 - 8:30 pm - return to accommodations
Why take a tour with me?
With an undergraduate degree in sciences and a doctorate in Adult Education, I know biology and I know how to teach! An award winning instructor and an award winning photographer I have been a finalist in Nature Photography of the Year, Travel Photographer of the Year, NANPA, Share the View, WildArt POTY, Nature Canada, Remembering Bears and Nature TTL, included receiving special mentions, commended, Top 100 and Top 250 awards and winning the Grand Prize of Nature Canada's Photo contest in 2023 with a great gray owl photo taken right the region of this tour!
My works have been featured in print in both national and international publications, including the most recent Best Wildlife Photographers of 2023 by Canadian Geographic. Named one of the top 16 wildlife photographers in Canada this past year by influencer digest + I live in Northern Alberta, Canada and specialize in photographing the wildlife of the Boreal Forest. I am a member of the Canadian Conservation Photographers Collective and am committed to protecting wildlife in Canada and their habitat. I recently worked on the collective's Crossing Paths campaign highlighting the issues when various modes of transportation intersect with wildlife. I routinely mentor aspiring wildlife photographers and hope to inspire them to tell the story of the wildlife they experience from their own unique perspective and helps her students uncover their unique personal style.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
- Up to 45 days before the tour $500 refund
- Between 29 - 14 days before the tour $150 refund
- 13 days before the tour no refund
For all tours, each participant will be required to sign a Release of Liability and an Assumption of Risk Waiver before the start of the tour. Some tours may require a non-disclosure of location agreement (great gray owls and fox kits) and you will be asked to sign a photo release form (optional).
For more information email me at firstname.lastname@example.org